After receiving approval from all required Government departments and with construction now complete, the buggy path connecting Hope Island Resort & Sanctuary Cove has finally opened.
The approval granted by the Gold Coast City Council (GCCC) was conditional upon the Principal Body Corporate (PBC) maintaining a vehicle register ad providing a permit for all golf carts and low-speed electric vehicles wanting to use the connecting pathway. All permitted buggies will be required to have the owner complete an application form, and the form acknowledging all conditions must be lodged with Hope Island Resort Security.
Travel along the pathway is conditional upon:
- The golf cart being registered with Queensland Transport
- The buggy being operated by a licensed driver
- Displaying the permit sticker on the buggy
The Primary Body Corporate and the Primary Thoroughfare Body Corporate (PBTC) have also undertaken updates to ensure safe access and egress to and from the Boardwalk commercial precinct as well as the construction of additional buggy parking within the precinct.
The Conditions of the Permit are as follows:
1. All approved buggies (vehicles) must hold current vehicle registration with the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
2. Operators of approved vehicles must keep the vehicle’s registration current.
3. Operators of approved vehicles must hold a valid driver’s license.
4. Approved vehicles must only cross Santa Barbara Road at the designated crossings.
5. Approved vehicles must adhere to designated yellow golf buggy line markings at all times and must not traverse any grassed areas.
6. Approved vehicles are not permitted to be stored or parked on the golf buggy path or anywhere within the designated pathway area unless for safety or traffic reasons.
7. The driving or maneuvering of approved vehicles must not detrimentally affect or obstruct the movement of, or constitute a safety risk to other pedestrians, bike riders or other approved vehicles.
8. Operators of approved vehicles must comply with all signage erected on the Council Road Reserve and any directions from a Council authorized person or emergency services personnel.
9. The permit is granted subject to operators of approved vehicles accepting to indemnify the Principal Body Corporate & Gold Coast City Council in respect of any claims of personal injury and/or damage to property as a result of, or attributable to the use of golf buggies within the Council’s owned/managed land.
10. Operators of approved vehicles indemnify and agree to keep indemnified the Principal Body Corporate and the Gold Coast City Council against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, losses, damages and expenses (“Claim”) arising out of or in any way connected to, or resulting from the granting of the permit to the operator or which is connected to or resulting from operators of approved vehicles and/or Council land (all of which are referred to as “the indemnified acts or omissions”) save to the extent that the Claim arises as a result of any negligent act or omission of the Principal Body Corporate or Gold Coast City Council.
11. Operators of approved vehicles release and discharge the Principal Body Corporate and Gold Coast City Council from any claim relating to the indemnified acts or omissions which may be made against the Principal Body Corporate or Council save to the extent that the Claim arises as a result of any negligent act or omission of the Principal Body Corporate or Gold Coast City Council.