Star EV SS Limited
Model: SS Limited
Manufacturer: Star EV
Seating Capacity: 2
Top Speed: 18 MPH
Interior Color: N/A
Exterior Color: N/A
Power Source: Electric
Horsepower: 4 Horsepower
Fuel Capacity: N/A
Oil Capacity: N/A
Drive System: 2*2
Length (Inches): 94
Width (Inches): 47
Height (Inches): 72
Front Body Style: N/A
Back Body Style: N/A
Star EV is not the most popular manufacturer of golf carts and low-speed vehicles (LSVs) in the world, but its products are among the most highly rated. While the company produces several specialty LSVs for street-legal driving, its most versatile models are part of its flagship design: the Star EV SS Limited.
The SS Limited provides drivers and passengers with a wide variety of benefits, and it can be customized and personalized with a choice of optional features, colors and packages to suit the needs of anyone. This vehicle has gained widespread acclaim after the January/February 2013 issue of Golf Car Adviser was published, which featured the SS Limited on the cover, and although it retains a high resale value, it is still possible to buy both new and used models at great prices.
SS Limited Models and Specifications
When you are looking to purchase a Star EV SS Limited, the first decision that must be made is which specific model is best for you and your situation. Star EV currently has seven models from which to choose:
• Classic 36V – This is the standard 36-volt electric model with a 300-amp Curtis 1243 controller and a 4-horsepower continuous ADC motor. The Classic 36V 100 Series has two forward-facing seats while the 200 Series has two-in-one combo seats with two forward-facing seats and two rear-facing seats.
• Classic 48V – This model is a souped-up version of the Classic 36V with a street-legal package so it can be used as a neighborhood electric vehicle (NEV). It includes two additional batteries, a 400-amp Curtis 1268 controller and a 5.5-horsepower continuous ADC motor. It is also available in 100 Series and 200 Series models.
• 150 Series – The 150 Series includes all of the features of the Classic 48V, but it has a longer body and two additional seats facing the rear.
• 300 Series – The 300 Series differs from the 150 Series only in that it is 8 inches longer and all four seats face forward.
• 350 Series – The 350 Series is the largest of the SS Limited models. It is 144 inches in length and includes six seats: The front four facing forward and the rear two facing backward.
The dimensions of the Classic models are 94 inches long by 47 inches wide by 72 inches high while the models in the 150 Series, 300 Series and 350 Series are 77 inches high and up to 115 inches to 144 inches in length.
Other basic specifications of the Classic SS Limited LSVs are as follows:
• Weight with batteries – 1078 pounds (36V) or 1,200 pounds (48V)
• Ground clearance – 5 inches
• Wheel base – 67 inches
• Turning radius – 10 feet
• Tire size – 20x9.0-12 DOT at 22 psi
• Wheels – 12-inch chrome
• Load capacity – 600 pounds
• Top speed – 18 mph (36V) or 20 to 25 mph (48V LSV)
• Climbing grade – 25 percent
In addition to the above, all of the Classic SS Limited vehicles benefit from front and rear suspensions with leaf springs and shocks, rack-and-pinion steering, rear drum brakes and direct rear drive at a ratio of 10.25 to one.
All of the SS Limited models include a full complement of standard features for performance, safety and comfort:
• Programmable controller with regenerative braking
• Onboard charging system
• Retractable, two-point seatbelts
• Battery charge indicator
• Easy-to-access programming port
• Molded-plastic, color-matched roof with handholds
• Locking glove box
• Golf bag holder and sweater basket
• Chrome rails
• Scuff guards
• Interior carpeting
• Cup holders
In addition, the Star EV SS Limited includes all of the features required by law to be street legal, including the following:
• Tinted, foldable, DOT-approved windshield
• Headlights, taillights and brake lights
• Turn signals
• Speed-control switch
Star EV is known as a leader in the golf-cart industry when it comes to customization and personalization, and the company’s 104,000-square-foot manufacturing facility includes two full-time paint booths with commercial lifts and overhead cranes to finish vehicles in a variety of colors.
When choosing a color for the body, you have a total of 10 options: Plum Crazy, Metallic Grey, Metallic Black, Oyster Pearl, Metallic Maroon, Electric Blue, Electric Yellow, Liquid Copper, Spirited Green and Caribbean Blue.
However, your color options do not end with the body. You also have a choice of eight color combinations for the seats. Graphite, pearl, khaki, yellow, copper and Spirited Green are available with black highlights while gray is available with black and plum. In addition, you can choose khaki and maroon or Caribbean Blue and Lake Blue.
If you are worried about the color fading on your custom seats, you may want to purchase the color-matched, limited-edition seat cushions, which also provide added comfort and durability, and you can customize the dash with a wood-grain finish or carbon fiber treatment.
Other optional accessories are as follows:
• Easy battery-filling system
• Air conditioning
• Stereo system with CD player and MP3 player input
Customer Service and Support
Star EV has been in operation since 2003, and the primary focus of the company is to meet the world’s demand for green, efficient vehicles by manufacturing and distributing electric LSVs and golf carts. Star EV relies on three primary principles to drive sales of its vehicles:
1. Value – Star EV vehicles come with standard features that are only options for most other golf carts.
2. Variety – Star EV produces more than 40 models of energy-efficient vehicles in five different segments: street legal, recreational, off-road, people movers and commercial/industrial.
3. Customization – Star EV understands that customers want their vehicles to say something above them as people.
A fourth factor that the company has done a great job developing is customer service and support. At the main warehouse, Star EV stocks more than $1 million of parts for warranty replacements and repairs, and certification classes are held for service technicians working for the company’s network of authorized dealers.